Hammacher Schlemmer may be cheesy as all hell and otherwise never get a mention on WBH but LOOK AT THIS:
Yes, it’s basically the Tron motorcycle, and it is in fact a real motorbike that you can ride and buy for, gasp, $55,000. It may be insane to spend that on a bike, but really only one word can describe it: SIIIIIIICK!
http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=11862 (click to see a video)
No, not where Outkast is from. The country, in the Caucasus. The Republic of Georgia, Sakartvelo. One of the most lovely places I’ve ever been, where at almost every head turn something gorgeous and unexpected pops into view, where the people shatter your notions of hospitality with their unending kindness and warmth, and where the food and wine are so good that “moderation” ceases to be in your vocabulary. Here are some photos for the time being:
Quick, can you name the current crop of luxury/performance sleek, swept-back, “4 door coupés,” as the industry likes to call them? They’ve been on the market for several years now:
- Mercedes CLS (the first, debuting around 2004)
- Aston Martin Rapide (the one to get on a truly unlimited budget)
- Porsche Panamera (ugly and atrocious, and blasphemy to the Porsche name, but then they have the Cayenne and Cayman to deal with so Porsche really is in over its head…)
- Audi Q7 (lovely and recently winning all sorts of accolades)
- VW Passat CC (Yes, even Volkswagen has got in on it, even if they don’t really run with the players mentioned above)
What’s conspicuously missing? The Bavarians! It’s been along time in the making, but it’s finally here, the 2013 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe, and boy do they have a knockout.