The text in the caption speaks for itself. God. Damn. If an ordinary Veyron wasn’t enough…
The lads over at Top Gear, the greatest TV show on the planet, have rather coincidentally provided a photo gallery of just the sort of cars you can see on a typical afternoon in West-Central London. You’ll remember I said something about this yesterday, and here’s visual proof of what I was talking about. Click here to see the full gallery, but here are a few of my favorites:
Oddly omitted: the sublime Maserati Granturismo, fairly common in SW3, SW1, SW7, W8, and W1
Gotta catch em all!
Quick, can you name the current crop of luxury/performance sleek, swept-back, “4 door coupés,” as the industry likes to call them? They’ve been on the market for several years now:
- Mercedes CLS (the first, debuting around 2004)
- Aston Martin Rapide (the one to get on a truly unlimited budget)
- Porsche Panamera (ugly and atrocious, and blasphemy to the Porsche name, but then they have the Cayenne and Cayman to deal with so Porsche really is in over its head…)
- Audi Q7 (lovely and recently winning all sorts of accolades)
- VW Passat CC (Yes, even Volkswagen has got in on it, even if they don’t really run with the players mentioned above)
What’s conspicuously missing? The Bavarians! It’s been along time in the making, but it’s finally here, the 2013 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe, and boy do they have a knockout.
from “WTF Only in Lebanon” https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2389568345404&set=oa.10150291212630857&type=1
Enjoy that simply staggering picture of the gear shifter from a Spyker C8, a Dutch (really) supercar with the most over-the-top styling in the history of motoring, as I’m about to become more opinionated than usual. Those easily offended may want to stop reading. For the brave, read on.